Here are a few pictures from the annual South Jersey Writers’ group annual party. Held this year at South Jersey local cafe, The Treehouse, one of our favorite places to hangout, write, and drink coffee, we definitely had a lot of fun mingling and recognizing the great writers we have in the group.
For more information about the SJWG and what we’re all about, please visit us at southjerseywriters.com.
Gregg Feistman, Board member, presenting awards
Cake brought by Christine Hardy
Christine Hardy with 2 anthologies she appeared in for 2014
It’s December. National No Novel Writing Month for me. Yes I am coming down off the high from my Nanowrimo win. A Stitch in Time clocked in at 50,001 words. Although not finished, I’m well on my way to completing it. But you will not see me writing 50,000 words in December.
As Lisen Minetti, pointed out in her blog post, What About December?, it’s a tough month for writing what with holiday shopping, decorating, and partying plus year-end work pressures. But, if you’re like me, you’re geared up creatively from the November rush and you’re looking forward to January with new goals and *gulp* resolutions.
I thought I’d take a page from Lisen and bullet out my December project wish list. Of course, I’d LOVE to get all this done in December and take 2015 by storm. But history tells me reality will be quite different. But here goes anyway:
- Complete A Stitch in Time (looking at about another 10,000)
- Revise Small Town Ghosts based on Jennifer M. Eaton‘s detailed feedback (and a big shout to Jennifer,whose book Fire in the Woods, is, well, on fire lol)
- Revise The Whistling Man short story for entry in a competition due January
- Resend out another short story which received rave comments from beta readers, but can’t seem to find a home
- Write reviews for several books I’ve read over the past couple of months.
*whew* quite a list. No one could ever accuse me of not being ambitious. And of course with all this, I also need to prepare for Christmas and my son’s 8th birthday, which reminds me that I need to scroll through Pinterest for Minecraft cupcake ideas…
Yeah…I’ll get right on that